TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- Five families in Sleepy Hollow were relocated over the weekend after fire officials found "numerous violations ."
- Three masked suspects entered the Wells Fargo Bank on 500 Odell Avenue and fired two shots before fleeing the scene, according to Yonkers Police.
- Hundreds of Westchester County parents and educators expressed concern and outrage to New York Education Commissioner John King over the implementation of the Common Core at a public forum held before a packed house at Port Chester Middle School.
- Greenburgh detectives, in conjunction with the Town of Greenburgh Building Department, arrested three Flushing women, acting on information that unlicensed masseuses were practicing at the Crystal Spa in White Plains.
- Sleepy Hollow, a town synonymous with ghouls and ghosts since the publication of Washington Irving's 1820 short story, is garnering national interest once again thanks in part to FOX's hit time-traveling, conspiracy-theory show, "Sleepy Hollow," and is featured in New York State Magazine.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.