TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Lynda Neary of Irvington received the Nurse of Distinction Award recently at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center's Nurse Recognition Day award program. Neary has been clinical coordinator of the ambulatory surgery unit since 2011.
- Tarrytown’s Patrick Trotti never planned to be a novelist, but after several years of writing stories and honing his skills, he published his first novel, "The Day The Cloud Stood Still."
- Residents of Westchester County, as well as those across New York State, could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Westchester ranks high among New York's exciting places to live and Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10, according to a report by Movoto.
- Several incidents involving downed trees and disabled vehicles caused delays on Westchester County roadways Wednesday morning.
- 1 Man ID'd In Swimming Pool Death In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Tractor-Trailer Fire Causes Heavy Delays At I-87, I-287 Split In Tarrytown