TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Lynda Neary of Irvington received the Nurse of Distinction Award recently at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center's Nurse Recognition Day award program. Neary has been clinical coordinator of the ambulatory surgery unit since 2011.
- Tarrytown’s Patrick Trotti never planned to be a novelist, but after several years of writing stories and honing his skills, he published his first novel, "The Day The Cloud Stood Still."
- Residents of Westchester County, as well as those across New York State, could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Westchester ranks high among New York's exciting places to live and Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10, according to a report by Movoto.
- Several incidents involving downed trees and disabled vehicles caused delays on Westchester County roadways Wednesday morning.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester