WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- All of Westchester will see continued cold temperatures with rain and Northern Westchester will see a chance of sleet Wednesday evening as winter finally comes to an end.
There is a slight chance of light rain after 3 p.m. Wednesday, with increasing clouds and a high near 37 degrees, the National Weather Service said.
Rain will arrive Wednesday evening. Northern Westchester could see sleet, becoming all rain after midnight. The low temperature will be about freezing at 32 degrees, the National Weather Service said. The chance of precipitation is 80 percent, but little or no snow accumulation is expected in Northern Westchester.
Partly sunny skies return Thursday, the first day of spring, with a high close to a more normal 50 degrees.
Temperatures will drop into the high 20s by evening. But Friday will be sunny and warm again, feeling more like spring with a high temperature near 45 degrees.
There's a slight chance of snow showers after midnight Friday, with increasing clouds, and a low near 29 degrees.
Snow could continue until about 9 a.m. Saturday, with rain possible throughout the daytime. It will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Tarrytown Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Ghouls, Goblins Prepare For Tarrytown's Halloween Parade