WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Rabid bats may be in Westchester, and residents who see a bat in their home should catch it and bring it in for testing, according to the Westchester County health department.
Don't panic and don't let if fly out of the window, the health department said.
A person or pet in your house may have had contact with it, capture the bat, call the health department at 914-813-5000 and have it tested for rabies.
Watch the 80-second video on how to capture a bat safely.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 5 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking