WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Rabid bats may be in Westchester, and residents who see a bat in their home should catch it and bring it in for testing, according to the Westchester County health department.
Don't panic and don't let if fly out of the window, the health department said.
A person or pet in your house may have had contact with it, capture the bat, call the health department at 914-813-5000 and have it tested for rabies.
Watch the 80-second video on how to capture a bat safely.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Ambulance Crashes Head On Into Sleepy Hollow Utility Pole
- 3 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Irvington Tuesday
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington