WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Rabid bats may be in Westchester, and residents who see a bat in their home should catch it and bring it in for testing, according to the Westchester County health department.
Don't panic and don't let if fly out of the window, the health department said.
A person or pet in your house may have had contact with it, capture the bat, call the health department at 914-813-5000 and have it tested for rabies.
Watch the 80-second video on how to capture a bat safely.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 3 Sleepy Hollow Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Tarrytown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester