WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Rabid bats may be in Westchester, and residents who see a bat in their home should catch it and bring it in for testing, according to the Westchester County health department.
Don't panic and don't let if fly out of the window, the health department said.
A person or pet in your house may have had contact with it, capture the bat, call the health department at 914-813-5000 and have it tested for rabies.
Watch the 80-second video on how to capture a bat safely.
- 1 Sleepy Hollow Bar & Restaurant Fined For Several Liquor Violations
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 Irvington Realtors Featured On New York Television Show
- 5 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night