WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Rabid bats may be in Westchester, and residents who see a bat in their home should catch it and bring it in for testing, according to the Westchester County health department.
Don't panic and don't let if fly out of the window, the health department said.
A person or pet in your house may have had contact with it, capture the bat, call the health department at 914-813-5000 and have it tested for rabies.
Watch the 80-second video on how to capture a bat safely.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 IRS Warns Tarrytown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School