TARRYTOWN, N.Y. Numerous coyote sightings have been reported to police in the last week.
Two coyotes were spotted near T.G.I. Friday's around midnight on Jan. 7, and two additional coyotes were spotted in the roadway on Route 119, but they were gone by the time police arrived.
Around 8 a.m. on Jan. 9, a man called police to report a sick coyote at the entrance to Castle on the Hudson on Benedict Ave. Police and animal control responded, but found the coyote was gone on arrival.
Also in the police blotter...
- A Tarrytown woman discovered fraudulent charges for $1,835 at a New Jersey Wal-Mart on her Travelex MasterCard and reported the theft to police.
- A man reported that his 2011 Land Rover had been stolen overnight from his driveway on Emerald Woods on Jan. 9.
- Numerous people called police to report a brush fire on the sports field at Hackley School. Firefighters determined that the fire was suspicious and filed a case for fifth-degree arson.
- A man was charged with driving while intoxicated after his car rolled over and hit a utility pole in front of Kraft Foods around 5:30 a.m. on Jan. 8.
- Police and firefighters put out a brush fire on Leroy Ave. around 10 p.m. on Jan. 7. Firefighters were unable to determine what caused the fire, but said there was no evidence it was intentional.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.