WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up prior to the the fatal derailment in the Bronx to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven line that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The Panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 3 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Return To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington