WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up prior to the the fatal derailment in the Bronx to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven line that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The Panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Snow Likely In Tarrytown On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Route 119 Reopens After Closure In Greenburgh
- 5 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday