WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up prior to the the fatal derailment in the Bronx to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven line that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The Panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 3 Sleepy Hollow Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Tarrytown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester