WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up prior to the the fatal derailment in the Bronx to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven line that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The Panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 IRS Warns Tarrytown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations