WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up prior to the the fatal derailment in the Bronx to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven line that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The Panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Tarrytown, Sleepy HollowWill Have To Wait On 'Interview'