WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up prior to the the fatal derailment in the Bronx to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven line that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The Panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Irvington Residents Take The Penguin Plunge
- 2 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 3 Greenburgh Police Officer Linked To Racist Comment, Report Says
- 4 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 5 Promising Leads In Edgemont's Lauren Spierer Case Pick Up Steam