TARRYTOWN, N.Y. A small electrical short in a heating and air conditioning unit between the first and second floors filled Sweet Grass Grill and the building's second floor with smoke around 12:45 p.m. on Friday.
No damage or injuries were reported, according to Tarrytown Fire Chief John McGee.
It kind of burned up a little bit, McGee noted, later adding it took the department a little while to find where the problem was.
Firefighters contained the small fire and notified the Tarrytown Building Department and Westchester County Health Department.
The restaurant's managing partner David Starkey said the small fire only caused some smoke and set off the alarms.
Everything's going to be back to normal quickly, he said, noting that building and health officials were working on the situation. We have to make sure everything's ok before we can turn everything back on.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.