TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- Westchester County residents and commuters can keep track of the construction of the New NY Bridge via a website by the New York State Thruway Authority that offers up to the minute news on the project.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- The entrance ramp to the Tappan Zee Bridge (I-87 northbound/I-287 westbound) from South Broadway (Route 9) in Tarrytown will close to traffic for the duration of the New NY Bridge project at approximately 10 a.m. on Monday, March 10.
- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J., area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- 1 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Volunteers Save Cat At Scene Of Fire In Tarrytown
- 5 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M