TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Rob Clarfeld, chief executive officer of Clarfeld Financial Advisors in Tarrytown, was named by Barron's as the top independent investment adviser in New York for the sixth consecutive year.
- Sleepy Hollow High School, in collaboration with Brewster High School, has been selected to send a team to the Special Olympics World Games . from July 22 though Aug. 5, 2015
- Ten Westchester County schools were named to Newsweek's top 500 schools recently.
- Tappan Zee Constructors has begun work on the above-water base for the new bridge's support columns, according a report by News 12 Westchester.
- A multi-vehicle accident resulted in the closure of the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway on Monday afternoon on the border of Chappaqua and Pleasantville.
- Home improvement retail giant Home Depot confirmed a breach in its payment data systems on Monday, and the impact could be felt in Westchester County, according to Forbes Magazine.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.