TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown's newly opened natural food store, Mrs. Green's, has responded to criticism following a picture posted on Facebook showing its dumpster filled with food, according to a Patch report.
The store's manager explained that there had not been enough time yet to strike an agreement with a local food pantry so he had to throw away some items, the report said.
However, the Westchester Food Bank is now set to pick up unsold food three times per week, according to the article.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Mayor Tells Staff To Avoid Nonprofit, Report Says
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester