TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown's newly opened natural food store, Mrs. Green's, has responded to criticism following a picture posted on Facebook showing its dumpster filled with food, according to a Patch report.
The store's manager explained that there had not been enough time yet to strike an agreement with a local food pantry so he had to throw away some items, the report said.
However, the Westchester Food Bank is now set to pick up unsold food three times per week, according to the article.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison