TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown's newly opened natural food store, Mrs. Green's, has responded to criticism following a picture posted on Facebook showing its dumpster filled with food, according to a Patch report.
The store's manager explained that there had not been enough time yet to strike an agreement with a local food pantry so he had to throw away some items, the report said.
However, the Westchester Food Bank is now set to pick up unsold food three times per week, according to the article.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 5 Tarrytown Students Stage Shakespeare's 'Macbeth'