TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown's newly opened natural food store, Mrs. Green's, has responded to criticism following a picture posted on Facebook showing its dumpster filled with food, according to a Patch report.
The store's manager explained that there had not been enough time yet to strike an agreement with a local food pantry so he had to throw away some items, the report said.
However, the Westchester Food Bank is now set to pick up unsold food three times per week, according to the article.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Gets In Halloween Spirit
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester