TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown's newly opened natural food store, Mrs. Green's, has responded to criticism following a picture posted on Facebook showing its dumpster filled with food, according to a Patch report.
The store's manager explained that there had not been enough time yet to strike an agreement with a local food pantry so he had to throw away some items, the report said.
However, the Westchester Food Bank is now set to pick up unsold food three times per week, according to the article.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 4 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash