DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. - “The English Teacher,” a film starring actress Julianne Moore and Oscar-nominated actor Greg Kinnear that was filmed on the Mercy College campus in Dobbs Ferry last fall, will be released in theaters Friday.
The scenic college campus with Hudson River views serves as the backdrop and location of the movie, which is centered on the fictional story of an English teacher played by Moore.
Scenes of "The English Teacher" were filmed on campus and in the nearby Our Lady of Victory School building. Mercy College is thanked in the film’s closing credits.
“It was important to me to create a period piece aesthetic in a modern day, small town setting,” the film's director Craig Zisk said in a press release issued by the college.
Zisk is an Emmy-nominated director whose credits include television hits “The Office,” “Parks and Recreation,” “Smash,” “Scrubs,” “Alias,” “Weeds” and “United States of Tara”.
“This is a film where we see people's broken parts exposed and then healed through standing up for what they believe," Zisk said. "Transformation is always possible. You can always begin again."
- 1 Westchester Actor Has Detective Role In NBC Series 'Aquarius'
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Special Delivery Outside Elmsford Restaurant: A Baby Boy