WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Hang on to your hat and other belongings. AccuWeather.com released a report Wednesday that residents and homeowners on the Atlantic Coast should anticipate another active season in 2013.
There were 19 tropical storms, 10 hurricanes and one major hurricane last year. AccuWeather.com forecast 16 tropical storms, eight hurricanes, four major hurricanes and three landfalls for 2013.
Superstorm Sandy last October paralyzed much of the East Coast. According to the AccuWeather.com report, the 2013 this season may begin quickly this year with development in the Caribbean in June.
The weather service is predicting strong storms this year with a strength of category 2 or higher, and areas along the East Coast to the Gulf of Mexico are at risk for impacts from a tropical system. This year could also set the stage for stronger storms than those that occurred in 2012.
Read the complete report from AccuWeather.com online.
- 1 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48