GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Attorneys for two men who were with Greenburgh native Lauren Spierer the night she disappeared from a bar near the campus of the University of Indiana in 2011 are denying that they should pay damages to the Spierer family, according to the Indianapolis Star.
Spierer's parents, Robert and Charlene, reportedly filed suit in June 2013 against students Jason Rosenbaum and Corey Rossman, alleging the two owed a "duty of care" to Lauren when she became intoxicated the night she disappeared.
Both men deny they had "control or right of control" over Spierer that night, according to the article.
The investigation into Spierer's disappearance is ongoing.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Sleepy Hollow Gets In Halloween Spirit
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 First NY Residential Eating Disorder Facility Opens In Irvington