TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- New York State Police troopers from the Tarrytown station helped convince a despondent man on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge not to jump on Wednesday, June 11.
- The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services issued a missing vulnerable adult alert for an area that includes Westchester County on Monday, June 9.
- MoneyRates.com released its list of best and worst states to make a living and New York didn’t fare so well, ranking in the top five worst.
- The boat driver who crashed into a barge near the Tappan Zee Bridge last year, killing a bride-to-be and her fiancé’s best man days before the wedding, pleaded guilty to vehicular manslaughter on Monday.
- The Metropolitan Golf Writers Association (MGWA) will hold its 2014 National Awards Dinner on Monday, June 23 at the Westchester Marriott.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Sleepy Hollow-Rye Football Game Will Showcase 'Building Blocks'