TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - The operator of Department of Public Works snow plow clearing ice near the Tarrytown Reservoir escaped from the icy waters Thursday morning after the plow went into the reservoir.
Irvington Police reported that their department's diving team was dispatched to the scene at about 11 a.m. in response to Westchester County emergency personnel request.
The dive team was not needed when the driver of the car made it out of the water on his own, police said.
The worker was rushed to the hospital with symptoms of hypothermia and later released. His identity has not been released.
Tarrytown Police said the Recreation Department was plowing snow off of the reservoir when the incident occurred.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Irvington Tuesday
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington