TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - The operator of Department of Public Works snow plow clearing ice near the Tarrytown Reservoir escaped from the icy waters Thursday morning after the plow went into the reservoir.
Irvington Police reported that their department's diving team was dispatched to the scene at about 11 a.m. in response to Westchester County emergency personnel request.
The dive team was not needed when the driver of the car made it out of the water on his own, police said.
The worker was rushed to the hospital with symptoms of hypothermia and later released. His identity has not been released.
Tarrytown Police said the Recreation Department was plowing snow off of the reservoir when the incident occurred.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Set For Robust Tourism Season
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash