TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- A sixth-grade student was taken to a hospital after being struck by a motorist June 19 on busy North Broadway after leaving the Irvington Middle and High School campus, the Irvington School District reported.
- Nicole Muccio, a Pace University College of Health Professions student, received the Nora J. McGrath scholarship at the President's Scholarship Dinner and shared her story.
- The Hastings-on-Hudson man who died after he was found early Monday on the Old Croton Aqueduct Trail in Hastings was identified as Matthew Siegfried, 33, according to the Westchester Medical Examiner's office.
- Former Irvington resident Joan Lunden announced Tuesday on her website she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- People thinking of moving to Hudson Valley can find out 30 things every person must know before moving there, according to a report by Movoto Real Estate.
- 1 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director