IRVINGTON, N.Y. – The Irvington Public Library will be open on a limited basis Saturday after the sprinkler system caused substantial water damage this week.
“Thank you so much for your patience and especially for all of your support,” officials said in a statement. “The many offers of help that we have received from you are truly heartwarming.”
It was closed after a fire broke out in an apartment above the library on Wednesday. The fire activated the library's sprinkler system and caused major water damage.
The children's room, program room, movies and magazines will be available Saturday, library officials said Friday evening. New, express and paperback book sections will also be open.
Reference service will be available in the children's room, and circulation services will be totally operational, officials say. Patrons can pick up their books on hold as well.
The entire adult section and the reading room will remain closed. Computers will not be running, but Wi-Fi will be available.
The scheduled genealogy program, Effectively Using Ancestry.com To Research Your Family Tree with Toni McKeen, will take place at 2 p.m.
- 1 Snow Could Return To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 3 Snow Chance, Wind Chills In 20s Await Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Tarrytown Tuesday