WESTCHESTER, N.Y. ‒ There is a chance of a major coastal storm with heavy rains hitting Westchester County early next week, according to the National Weather Service.
A hazardous weather outlook has been issued for Hurricane Sandy, which is now in the Caribbean but may bring heavy rains and wind to the area. Flooding and beach erosion are possible in coastal areas. But the storm's path has not yet been determined, and it could move out to sea and have little impact on Westchester.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking