TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are a few of the top stories from this week in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington:
- The Board of Education of the Public Schools of the Tarrytowns plans to name the auditorium at Washington irving Intermediate School after longtime Tarrytown Superintendent Howard Smith, who is retiring in June.
- The parents of a 19-year-old lying in a vegetative state have filed a lawsuit against Phelps Memorial Hospital claiming doctors were careless and negligent during a routine endoscopy procedure.
- Irvington High School was named one of the "most challenging" schools in the nation by The Washington Post .
- Tarrytown resident and health coach Jackie Vanover works to help busy, stressed professionals find balance.
- Hackley student athlete Dominique Alpuche was named The Daily Voice's Athlete of the Month for May.
- Sarah Chalfy took home first prize in the Rotary Club of the Tarrytowns' annual Rubber Duck Derby.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.