TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- Construction on the new Tappan Zee Bridge has been stopped indefinitely because of arctic temperatures and icy conditions on the Hudson River, according to LoHud.com.
- A masked man injured three Tarrytown Police officers when they tried to apprehend him during a botched bank robbery on Saturday, Jan. 18, according to Patch.com.
- The operator of Department of Public Works snow plow clearing ice near the Tarrytown Reservoir escaped from the icy waters Thursday morning after the plow went into the reservoir.
- Tuesday's snowstorm is creating dangerous driving conditions in Westchester County with traffic reduced to a crawl in many spots and numerous reports of accidents.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs