TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- The Westchester County bomb squad was called to a Tarrytown home on Sunday, March 16 after a grenade was found in the basement of a home on Cottontail Lane.
- Voters in the Village of Tarrytown voted Tuesday to re-elect three village board trustees in uncontested races.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- The gap between the rich and the poor in the New York Metro area, including Westchester, was recently ranked the third widest in the U.S., according to a new study about income inequality by real estate website Trulia.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown