TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- A woman was found dead after Police responded to a report of a gas leak near the intersection of South Broadway and Church Street.
- Organizers of the Tarrytown Halloween Parade are planning for bigger and better show this year and looking for groups, floats and individuals to participate in the event on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 4:30 p.m.
- Scarsdale 'Pot Mom' Andrea Sanderlin pleaded guilty to federal charges Monday, admitting she grew at least 1,000 marijuana plants and sold the drug.
- As the government shutdown enters its second week with no end in sight, Westchester residents are growing increasingly frustrated over the stalemate.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators unanimously passed an act on Wednesday making it a county policy to consider multi-use features when constructing or renovating county roadways.