RIVERTOWNS, N.Y. -- Dobb’s Ferry Cedar Street Grill provided some of its popular menu items for the season premiere of "MasterChef" Season 5 at Chelsea Cinema on May 26.
The restaurant's popular American meatballs and New England lobster sliders were just some of the foods served to the cast and crew of "MasterChef."
“These are some of the best home cooks in America -- if not the world. So, we were completely honored to be asked to cook for them on their big night,” said chef Matt Kay, executive chef and owner of Cedar Street Grill. “On the flip side, it’s a bit nerve-racking because you have a room full of discerning palates.”
Kay says he understands and feels a connection to the show because he also developed his love of cooking and kitchen skills at home, like many of the shows contestants.
“Growing up in Dobbs Ferry, I would watch my grandmother – a former restaurateur herself – prepare Italian delicacies at home,” he said. “My philosophy as a chef reflects those early childhood memories: keep a dish simple and fresh, and let the ingredients speak for themselves.”
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach