IRVINGTON, N.Y. — We have a challenge for our sharp-eyed readers. Can you tell us where in Irvington this photo was taken?
Each Saturday, we’ll post a photo of an architectural feature or object found somewhere in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow or Irvington. It’s up to you to figure out the name of the building or the street where we took the photo. Points will be awarded to the first person to answer correctly. We’ll be keeping a list of our attentive readers.
Today’s photo will be easy to guess if you've gone in search of local history.
Difficulty Rating: 2
Be as specific as possible with your guesses and leave them below in the comments section. Good luck.
Last week’s challenge solved: Amy Ceconi used her knowledge of Sleepy Hollow to figure out the trolley stop sign is at Patriot's Park.
1. John Naples — 171 points
2. Bonnie Taxter — 25 points
3. Amy Ceconi — 20 points
4. Linday Rey – 10 points
5. Katharine Swibold — 8 points
6. Bonnie Jackson Boyce, stefffy913, Kimberly Marcus, John Brady, Heather Scogna, John Petry, Mary McBride, WPEyesNEars, Jaques Mihov — 5 points
7. Alex Gonzalez, Dorothy Hoefling-Aguiar — 3 points
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute