CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Brian McCallum, a 27-year-old Buchanan resident, was struck and killed by an Amtrak train Wednesday night at the Cortlandt train station.
According to Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) spokeswoman Marjorie Anders, an engineer reported that McCallum ran off the north end of the platform at the Cortlandt station onto the track area as the train was passing through the station at approximately 60 miles per hour.
MTA Patrol Officers and Detectives responded and processed the scene and notified McCallum's parents, according to Anders.
Anders said there appears to be no foul play involved though the MTA Police Department Detective Division is continuing the investigation.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute