WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- State Sen. Greg Ball will announce his political future on Friday with a video, according to his office. The video is scheduled for 9 a.m.
Ball (R-Patterson), chose not to run for Putnam County Executive, according to various media reports. His senate seat, which is for a two-year term, is up for re-election this November.
Ball's announcement comes the same week as a New York Post story about records from the Moreland Commission, a panel focused on state government corruption. The paper reported that this included $23,000 of Ball's campaign money being spent on clothing from Banana Republic, Amore Clothing and Brooks Brothers.
Joe Bachmeier, a spokesman for Ball, told the paper that the clothes were for campaign use, citing television shoots and photos as examples.
Ball's senate district includes several communities in Northern Westchester County, eastern Putnam County and a small part of Dutchess County.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Significant Snow, Ice Possible For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington