TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- Residents voted to approve two Tarrytown School District capital improvement bond propositions for a combined project that will total $8.8 million and include installation of new all-weather athletic fields.
- Irvington resident, Frank Donnelly , continued his annual tradition of dressing in a frock coat and top hat to read the Charles Dickens classic "A Christmas Carol", which drew a record crowd this year.
- DNA testing by Westchester County officials has led to the arrest of a Spring Valley woman believed to be the mother of the infant boy named "Baby Angel" who was found in an Elmsford recycling plant last month.
- Thirty people were injured in a crash on the Bronx River Parkway in Yonkers that involved more than two dozen cars.
- An apartment fire being considered 'suspicious' by authorities led a Yonkers mother to throw her 3-year-old twins out of the window to a relative, fire officials said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.