WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- As heavy rain has set in, several accidents were reported during the Wednesday morning commute.
The southbound Taconic State Parkway in Valhalla had delays between Cleveland Street and Broadway after an accident reported at 7:45 a.m.
There were also delays on Route 35 in Lewisboro after an 8 a.m. eastbound accident between Route 121 and Debbie Lane.
An accident on the northbound Bronx River Parkway in Scarsdale, between Claremont Road and Walworth Crossing (Exit 19), reported at 7:50 a.m., resulted in stop-and-go traffic.
Stop-and-go traffic was also being reported on the southbound New York State Thruway (I-87) near the Tappan Zee Bridge span because of the rain.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking