SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Phelps Memorial Hospital has appointed a new vice president of human resources.
Jake Maijala of Hopewell Junction has more than 20 years of human resources experience, with proven success in strategic planning, recruitment, employee relations and compensation/benefits administration.
Most recently, Maijala served as vice president of human resources at Cortland Regional Medical Center in Cortland, with responsibility for human resources, education, employee health, volunteers, environmental services, food and nutrition services, safety and security.
Maijala holds a master's degree in psychology from the University of Jyvaskyla in his native Finland and an MBA from SUNY-Empire State College.
- 1 Man ID'd In Swimming Pool Death In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 Tractor-Trailer Fire Causes Heavy Delays At I-87, I-287 Split In Tarrytown
- 3 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 4 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run