SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Phelps Memorial Hospital has appointed a new vice president of human resources.
Jake Maijala of Hopewell Junction has more than 20 years of human resources experience, with proven success in strategic planning, recruitment, employee relations and compensation/benefits administration.
Most recently, Maijala served as vice president of human resources at Cortland Regional Medical Center in Cortland, with responsibility for human resources, education, employee health, volunteers, environmental services, food and nutrition services, safety and security.
Maijala holds a master's degree in psychology from the University of Jyvaskyla in his native Finland and an MBA from SUNY-Empire State College.
- 1 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Irvington, Tarrytown Rank Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market Opens Saturday
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History