SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Phelps Memorial Hospital has appointed a new vice president of human resources.
Jake Maijala of Hopewell Junction has more than 20 years of human resources experience, with proven success in strategic planning, recruitment, employee relations and compensation/benefits administration.
Most recently, Maijala served as vice president of human resources at Cortland Regional Medical Center in Cortland, with responsibility for human resources, education, employee health, volunteers, environmental services, food and nutrition services, safety and security.
Maijala holds a master's degree in psychology from the University of Jyvaskyla in his native Finland and an MBA from SUNY-Empire State College.
- 1 Sleepy Hollow Bar & Restaurant Fined For Several Liquor Violations
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Share Services But Not Towns
- 5 Irvington Realtors Featured On New York Television Show