SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Phelps Memorial Hospital has appointed a new vice president of human resources.
Jake Maijala of Hopewell Junction has more than 20 years of human resources experience, with proven success in strategic planning, recruitment, employee relations and compensation/benefits administration.
Most recently, Maijala served as vice president of human resources at Cortland Regional Medical Center in Cortland, with responsibility for human resources, education, employee health, volunteers, environmental services, food and nutrition services, safety and security.
Maijala holds a master's degree in psychology from the University of Jyvaskyla in his native Finland and an MBA from SUNY-Empire State College.
- 1 Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin During Tarrytown Traffic Stop
- 2 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 3 Deer Ticks Can Transmit Deadly Powassan Virus
- 4 Rye High School Grad Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates