SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Sleepy Hollow officials aren't dreading the snowstorm predicted for Friday. To the contrary, they hope it will come.
A Winterfest celebration has been planned at Rockwood Hall on the first Saturday in Feburary that there is snow, Sleepy Hollow Trustee Bruce Campbell said.
“With a storm coming Friday night, this looks like it could be the Saturday,” he said.
The National Weather Service says there's a strong chance of snow on Thursday night and Friday.
Planned activities include sled races, snowball fights and snowman-building. If it snows, the Winterfest will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Rockwood Hall park behind Phelps Memorial Hospital.
The event is sponsored by the village and the Sleepy Hollow Manor Association.
- 1 Man ID'd In Swimming Pool Death In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Tractor-Trailer Fire Causes Heavy Delays At I-87, I-287 Split In Tarrytown