SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Sleepy Hollow officials aren't dreading the snowstorm predicted for Friday. To the contrary, they hope it will come.
A Winterfest celebration has been planned at Rockwood Hall on the first Saturday in Feburary that there is snow, Sleepy Hollow Trustee Bruce Campbell said.
“With a storm coming Friday night, this looks like it could be the Saturday,” he said.
The National Weather Service says there's a strong chance of snow on Thursday night and Friday.
Planned activities include sled races, snowball fights and snowman-building. If it snows, the Winterfest will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Rockwood Hall park behind Phelps Memorial Hospital.
The event is sponsored by the village and the Sleepy Hollow Manor Association.
- 1 Bomb Threat Closes Irvington HS/MS Campus
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 4 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show