SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Sleepy Hollow officials aren't dreading the snowstorm predicted for Friday. To the contrary, they hope it will come.
A Winterfest celebration has been planned at Rockwood Hall on the first Saturday in Feburary that there is snow, Sleepy Hollow Trustee Bruce Campbell said.
“With a storm coming Friday night, this looks like it could be the Saturday,” he said.
The National Weather Service says there's a strong chance of snow on Thursday night and Friday.
Planned activities include sled races, snowball fights and snowman-building. If it snows, the Winterfest will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Rockwood Hall park behind Phelps Memorial Hospital.
The event is sponsored by the village and the Sleepy Hollow Manor Association.
- 1 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern