SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Each year the Random Farms Kids’ Theater remembers Scarsdale’s Alanna Calder, who died in 2009 from leukemia, by awarding a scholarship to a student who shares her passion for theater.
Calder passed away at the age of 12. She was active in the Elmsford theater’s productions. This year, Pelham’s Felicia Messina, 15, was awarded the scholarship at the 2013 Spring Sunset Gala at the Ritz Carlton Hotel’s Restaurant 42 in White Plains.
"I am just so honored and pleased to be chosen for this," Messina said in a statement. "This was a total surprise."
The annual gala raises funds for scholarships in that school year, said Anya Wallach, founder of the Random Farms Kids’ Theater.
"We are so pleased with the turnout and are very grateful for our donors' support,” she said. “The gala not only raises funds for scholarships for the 2013-2014 school year, but it also provides an opportunity for our parents to get to know each other outside of the hurried carpool routine, picking up and dropping off at rehearsals in our Elmsford studio or performances at the Tarrytown Music Hall.”
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 3 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Tarrytown's Communication Signals
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 5 Tarrytown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend