SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Each year the Random Farms Kids’ Theater remembers Scarsdale’s Alanna Calder, who died in 2009 from leukemia, by awarding a scholarship to a student who shares her passion for theater.
Calder passed away at the age of 12. She was active in the Elmsford theater’s productions. This year, Pelham’s Felicia Messina, 15, was awarded the scholarship at the 2013 Spring Sunset Gala at the Ritz Carlton Hotel’s Restaurant 42 in White Plains.
"I am just so honored and pleased to be chosen for this," Messina said in a statement. "This was a total surprise."
The annual gala raises funds for scholarships in that school year, said Anya Wallach, founder of the Random Farms Kids’ Theater.
"We are so pleased with the turnout and are very grateful for our donors' support,” she said. “The gala not only raises funds for scholarships for the 2013-2014 school year, but it also provides an opportunity for our parents to get to know each other outside of the hurried carpool routine, picking up and dropping off at rehearsals in our Elmsford studio or performances at the Tarrytown Music Hall.”
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Irvington Tuesday
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film