SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – The fate of the Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market at Phelps is unknown.
Phelps Hospital officials say the professional market manager assisting them has backed out of the upcoming season.
“We're in the process of evaluating how to continue and whether to continue,” said Daniel Blum, a senior vice president at the hospital.
The farmers market was launched last year, running on Thursdays in the Rockwood Hall parking lot next to the Phelps Memorial Hospital campus. The market was part of Phelps' efforts to increase and promote healthy lifestyles.
Blum says the hospital is already working closely with the Pleasantville Farmers Market to continue to accomplish its outreach goals.
Sleepy Hollow village officials announced Tuesday they had begun preliminary discussions about a possible farmers market within the village. Blum said Phelps could also promote wellness through that market, if it comes to fruition.
“I'm hopeful that we'll get it together because I thought that it was a really nice thing,” Blum said. “I just don't know yet whether we'll be able to pull it off.”
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Tarrytown Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester