SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Fox's efforts to bring “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” to the small screen have picked up steam recently, with three actors tapped to star in the supernatural thriller, the Hollywood Reporter reported.
"Shame" actor Nicole Beharie has been cast as the show's female lead, Abbie Archer. Archer is a detective in the small town of Sleepy Hollow about to set off for the FBI Academy when she witnesses the gory murder of her partner, Sheriff August Grey.
Beharie is joined by "MadTV" and "Drumline" star Orlando Jones, playing a lieutenant named Frank Williams transferred to the town to investigate a double murder, and "Dexter" alumna Katia Winter, playing Ichabod Crane's wife.
The pilot, penned by "Transformers" writers Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, has Revolutionary War Capt. Ichabod Crane transported in time to present-day Sleepy Hollow, where he must prove he's innocent of the murder of a police officer.
Another TV show based on the Sleepy Hollow legend is in development at the CW under the Warner Bros. TV studio. That show, from "Missing" writers Patrick Macmanus and Grant Scharbo, makes Crane an FBI agent sent to Sleepy Hollow to investigate a mysterious beheading, Deadline Hollywood reported.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Tarrytown, Sleepy HollowWill Have To Wait On 'Interview'