REDDING, Conn. -- The Redding Community Center will host a yoga event Sunday, Dec. 20, beginning at 4:30 p.m. to celebrate the sun during the longest night of the year.
The Solace in Solstice Celebrate the Sun and Share the Warmth event will be an evening of community and 108 sun salutations, according to event organizers.
The event, which costs $10, is suitable for all ages. Proceeds will benefit the Redding Shares the Warmth Fund, which provides energy assistance for local families.
Those attending the event should wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat and water. Some mats will be available for those who do not own one, organizers said.
The event will be led by several yoga instructors who are donating their time. They include:
- Jen Carter Avgerinos of Adore Yoga. Jen is the author of “The Yoga of Cleaning: The Essential Guide”
- Leslie Freyberg, certified Iyengar yoga instructor and sanskrit teacher
- Laurie Mayper of Inner Flame Yoga
- David Schoenberg of Mountain Therapeutics. David is a licensed massage therapist and yoga instructor.
- Barbara Templeton of Breathing Yoga
According to organizers, about 6% of Redding families are at the poverty level. Another 10% struggle to make ends meet.
To register or for more information, call 203-938-2002 or email email@example.com. The event can also be found on Facebook .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.