TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- While buying those chocolates for your loved one on Valentine's Day, you might want to buy a ticket to the Food Bank for Westchester's annual Valentine’s Day Wine Tasting Dinner on Friday, Feb. 5, to help fight hunger.
"Take Heart Against Hunger,” from 6 to 9 p.m. at Tappan Hill Mansion in Tarrytown will include a four-course gourmet meal with selected wine pairings, created especially for the event by culinary host and sponsor Abigail Kirsch Catering Relationships’ partner Alison Awerbuch and executive chef John d’Arcangelo. The wines are donated by Pernod Ricard.
The evening will also include a live auction with items including: Event level suite tickets to see singer Adele perform live at Madison Square Garden; dinner at world-class restaurants including Le Bernardin, Blue Hill at Stone Barns and Oceana; and a suite for 30 people at a New York Mets game. In addition, a Rolex watch from Wilson & Sons, valued at more than $8,000, will be included in a raffle.
All proceeds raised at the event will benefit the food bank, the supply and support center for more than 265 hunger-relief member programs throughout Westchester, including food pantries, soup kitchens, senior and child day-care centers, shelters and residences.
Tickets and ticket sponsorship packages include Valentine’s Day Wine Tasting Dinner.
These are the ticket sponsorship packages:
- $25,000 Golden Heart Package – Provides 58,139 pounds of healthy food for the hungry for 12 months.
- $15,000 Red Rose Package – Helps feed more than 7,000 food insecure families for 365 days.
- $10,000 Cupid’s Arrow Package – Delivers 11,627 pounds of food to hunger relief agencies for a year.
- $5,000 Amore Package – Supplies nearly 20,000 meals for Westchester residents for a year.
- $500 Sweetheart VIP Ticket – Helps 950 senior citizens receive much-needed meals during the year.
- $350 Patron Ticket – Brings 7,000 pounds of fresh produce to hungry residents over 12 months.