TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The Tarrytown Rotary Club is set to host the seventh annual Rotary Rubber Duck Derby on Saturday, April 26.
The Duck Derby is scheduled for April 26 at Patriot's Park. In 2007, 1,000 rubber ducks were numbered for the race and the Rotary Club is preparing for this year's race with 2,000 rubber ducks, according to a press release.
There are six races with the winner of each race getting breakfast for two at the Sheraton Hotel Restaurant. The Final Race, which will include the winners of the first six races, will give away a Grand Prize of $1,500. The second place prize is $250 and third prize is $100. All profits from the race go back to the community in the form of grants and scholarships from the rotary, according to the release.
Residents can adopt rubber ducks online at the Tarrytown Rotary Club website or by calling Mimi Godwin at 631-0675.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Bomb Threat Closes Irvington HS/MS Campus
- 3 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 4 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 5 Greenburgh Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired Near Local Residence