VALHALLA, N.Y. -- It may not feel like winter, but Westchester County's Winter Wonderland is open at Kensico Dam Plaza.
A Scotch tasting fundraiser is being offered on Friday and Saturday evenings as part of this weekend's festivities.
The Scotch Tasting is co-hosted by Family Financial NY and Friends of Westchester County Parks on Friday and Saturday, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Held in a VIP tent on the plaza, attendees can learn the unique differences and tastes of single malt Scotches including a Scotch Brand Ambassador, Glenfiddich and a Balvenie. (more details listed below.)
Snacks of assorted crackers, meats and cheeses will be served during the tastings.
A $30 donation is required for admission, which includes entry to all other Winter Wonderland activities. All proceeds go to Friends of Westchester County Parks.
As the largest and most active organization advocating for the county park system, it is the mission of Friends of Westchester County Parks to encourage continued investment in Westchester County’s 18,000 acres of parks, trails and open spaces.
Since its inception in 1977, Friends has considered it critical to provide ongoing support for maintenance, civic improvement and access to nature.
Below are the single Malt Scotch tastings that will be available:
· Glenfiddich 12 Year Old – fresh pear subtle oaks
· Glenfiddich 15 Year Old – warm spice, honey and rich fruit
· Glenfiddich 18 Year Old – oak, baked apple and cinnamon.
· The Balvenie 12 Year DoubleWood – full of vanilla, honey, caramel and sherried fruit.
· The Balvenie 14 Year Caribbean Cask – finished in Caribbean rum casks.
· The Balvenie 17 Year DoubleWood – sherry notes with dried fruits, almonds plus creamy toffee, oaky vanilla and a bit of spice
To buy VIP tent tickets for the fundraising event, click here: