PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - Poet Anne Shaw will read from her new collection of poetry on Thursday, Feb. 6 at Pace University in Pleasantville. The free event will be held from 2 to 3 p.m. in Lienhard Hall, Room 25, and the public is invited. The street address is 861 Bedford Road, entrance 2.
Shaw is the author of two poetry collections, the forthcoming “Dido in Winter” (Persea Books, March 2014) and the earlier “Undertow” (Persea, 2007), which won the Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Prize. Her poems and reviews have appeared in journals including Harvard Review, Black Warrior Review, Denver Quarterly, The Los Angeles Review, The Kenyon Review and New American Writing. She currently lives in Chicago, where she studies sculpture at the School of the Art Institute. Her work can be found online at www.anneshaw.org.
The event is the first in the spring 2014 Vox Creative Arts Series, which brings notable and up-and-coming authors, poets, artists and artisans to Pace University for readings and demonstrations. The series is named for Pace’s Pleasantville art and literary magazine, Vox.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 IRS Warns Tarrytown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway
- 4 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 5 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS