SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center's Healthy Life series is set to continue in March with a wide range of programs on health-related subjects.
The following is a listing of events at Phelps, which are free and take place on the campus at 701 N. Broadway in Sleepy Hollow. The Phelps Healthy Life Calendar for March follows:
- Wednesday, March 5 - Mind Games is a free activity and a fun way for seniors to help stimulate their minds and improve cognitive functioning by playing board games and computer games that stimulate memory, visual recall, problem solving, focus and speed, and spatial reasoning. In the Boardroom (park in back of the hospital) from 2 - 3:30 p.m on the first Wednesday of every month. Call 914-366-3937 for more information.
- Wednesdays, March 5 and 19 - Blood Pressure Screenings are conducted the first and third Wednesday mornings of every month from 9:30 - 11:30 am in the Walkway Conference Room. To make an appointment or for more information, call 914-366-3220.
- Thursday, March 13 - Osteoporosis Support The Phelps Osteoporosis Center offers free monthly educational programs for osteoporosis patients the second Thursday of the month. Attendees will become more knowledgeable about osteoporosis, learn nutritional guidelines to improve bone health, practice bone-strengthening exercise routines and develop techniques to compensate for skeletal limitations. In the Board Room from 11:00am-12:30pm. Call 914-269-1888 to register.
- Thursday, March 13 and 27 - Afternoon Bereavement Support Group An ongoing support group for adults struggling with the loss of a loved one meets from 2 - 3:30 pm in the Phelps Hospice office, located on the Phelps campus in the James House. Led by Bess Steiger, bereavement coordinator. Suggested donation: $10 per session. Call 914-366-3325 for information.
- Thursday, March 13 - The Breakfast Club is a series of free breakfast meetings designed especially for seniors. Each session includes breakfast, a presentation on a healthy lifestyle topic and a light exercise program. The group meets monthly, except for August and December, 8:30-10:30 am in the Cafeteria (G Level). Call 914-366-3937 to register. This month's topic is nutrition.
- Tuesday, March 18 - Senior Steps Part of the Vitality program at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, Senior Steps includes health screenings and special events for seniors. The club meets on the third Tuesday of the month from 10:00-11:30 am in Room 225 of the Medical Services Building. Registration is required. Call 914-366-3937.
- 1 Irvington Declares State Of Emergency, Continuing Indefinitely
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow