TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Hudson River Rising is hosting a march through Tarrytown and Sleep Hollow on Friday, Feb. 14 to highlight the Valentine’s Day initiative One Billion Rising and the problems of violence against women and girls around the world.
The group will join a billion people around the world in dancing to raise awareness. It will be meeting in Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown and marching to Patriots Park for a dance to the V-day anthem "Break the Chain.”
The group will meet on Beekman Avenue in Sleepy Hollow and in front of Mrs. Greens in Tarrytown. The group will meet at 12:30 p.m. in Patriots Park and afterwards will gather at Warner Library. More details on the event are also on Facebook.
The dance was choreographed by Sleepy Hollow resident Margaret Liston, who is being honored by Rivertown Artists Workshop on March 1 for her work in this effort. People can learn the dance online.
- 1 Sleepy Hollow Bar & Restaurant Fined For Several Liquor Violations
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Irvington Realtors Featured On New York Television Show
- 5 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer