TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Hudson River Rising is hosting a march through Tarrytown and Sleep Hollow on Friday, Feb. 14 to highlight the Valentine’s Day initiative One Billion Rising and the problems of violence against women and girls around the world.
The group will join a billion people around the world in dancing to raise awareness. It will be meeting in Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown and marching to Patriots Park for a dance to the V-day anthem "Break the Chain.”
The group will meet on Beekman Avenue in Sleepy Hollow and in front of Mrs. Greens in Tarrytown. The group will meet at 12:30 p.m. in Patriots Park and afterwards will gather at Warner Library. More details on the event are also on Facebook.
The dance was choreographed by Sleepy Hollow resident Margaret Liston, who is being honored by Rivertown Artists Workshop on March 1 for her work in this effort. People can learn the dance online.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Set For Robust Tourism Season
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash