TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – The Christmas spirit is coming to Sunnyside and the Old Dutch Church.
Historic Hudson Valley has planned two holiday programs at its sites to celebrate the season beginning Thanksgiving weekend.
Storyteller Jonathan Kruk will perform his one-man show of Charles Dickens's “A Christmas Carol” at the Old Dutch Church in Sleepy Hollow. Performances will take place Nov. 23-24 and each Saturday in December.
Kruk's performance is accompanied with music. Attendees will receive complimentary hot chocolate, cider and cookies at Philipsburg Manor.
Guides at Sunnyside in Tarrytown will showcase historic holiday traditions and styles during Thanksgiving Weekend at the annual “Holiday Premiere” from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Sunnyside will also offer hands-on workshops for kids.
Tickets for both Historic Hudson Valley events can be purchased at hudsonvalley.org.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow