TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- If you haven't made your Halloween plans yet, don't worry. There's still time to attend one of the many area events going on around town. The only problem? Picking just one!
- Say hello to $4 pumpkin drafts at The Tapp (starting at 5 p.m.) where everyone is encouraged to dress in costume. The contest begins at 11 p.m. and the winner will get his/her entire tab wiped from the evening. Get The Scary Details: 17 N. Broadway, Tarrytown, 914-703-6022.
- Not to be outdone, The Tapp's sister property, The Mill , is offering a "Dead Celebrities" costume contest along with lip-synching later in the evening. The restaurant is also extending its usual 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. "Happy Hour" to start up again from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. Get The Scary Details: 583 Warburton Ave, Hastings-On-Hudson, 914-231-7772.
- Costumes are also encouraged at River Roadhouse in Hastings which is hosting a contest with prizes both Oct. 30 and Oct. 31. A disc jockey and pumpkin carving are also on the Oct. 30 agenda. On Halloween, it's all about music and drink specials with five different bands performing (no cover). Event starts at 8:30 p.m. on Oct 30; 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 31. Get The Scary Details: 533 Warburton Ave, Hastings-On-Hudson, 914-478-5227.
- Those 18 and older are invited to walk among the spirits at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery “Murder and Mayhem” walking tour Oct. 30 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Get The Scary Details: Click here .
- Local storyteller David Neilsen tells ghoulish and silly tales selected especially for young trick-or-treaters at "Harmless Halloween Horrors" at the Hudson Valley Writer's Center Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 from 5:30 p.m to 6:30 p.m. Get The Scary Details : 300 Riverside Drive, Sleepy Hollow, 914-332-5953.
- There's a monster in every family and Jay Ghoul’s House of Curiosities at Lyndhurst proves it. Meet the Ghoul family members who didn’t quite make it in Hollywood as they lead you on a spooky tour of the historic mansion Oct. 31 through Nov. 3 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Get The Scary Details: 635 S. Broadway, Tarrytown, 914-631-4481.
- The Historic Hudson Valley is sponsoring a variety of programs (see previous Daily Voice story here ) from the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze to Horseman's Hollow to The Legend Behind the Legend. Get The Scary Details: 914-366-6900, http://www.hudsonvalley.org/
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.