TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The Food Bank for Westchester announced a call for nominations for its 2014 Hunger Heroes Breakfast to honor volunteer service providers and donors that have made exceptional strides against hunger in Westchester County.
The Hunger Heroes Awards Breakfast will be held Thursday, June 5, at the Tappan Hill Mansion in Tarrytown.
Nominations are open to any worthy candidate who serves the hungry. They are accepted in the following categories:
The Volunteer Award: A volunteer or group of volunteers who have provided outstanding service in helping to alleviate hunger in the community.
The Service Provider Award: An agency or program that has provided outstanding hunger relief service to its community.
The Donor Award: An individual or corporation who has been generous in the fight against hunger in Westchester County.
Last year’s honorees included volunteer Duke Searles for his work with Hudson Valley Hospital VA Food Pantry in Montrose, Leake & Watts Healthy Futures Program & Youth Gardens as the Service Provider and Panera Bread Westchester for their donations of healthy food to hunger-relief programs in Westchester.
Nomination applications are due Tuesday, April 1.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison