IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- The third annual Irvington Penguin Plunge will be held at Mathiessen Park Beach on Sunday, April 6, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Friends and neighbors will be sponsored to plunge into the freezing water of the Hudson River to raise funds for programs that were recently cut from the Irvington Parks and Recreation’s budget.
This event is open to all in the community.
There will be emergency crews, ambulances and the Irvington Fire Department’s frigid water rescue team on-site during the event.
To find out how to take the plunge, visit www.irvingtonplunge.com.
- 1 Irvington Fire Chief Says He First Thought Stabbing Was Purse Snatching
- 2 Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin During Tarrytown Traffic Stop
- 3 Sleepy Hollow HS Principal Enjoys Appearance In Clinton Launch Video
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Deer Ticks Can Transmit Deadly Powassan Virus