IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- The third annual Irvington Penguin Plunge will be held at Mathiessen Park Beach on Sunday, April 6, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Friends and neighbors will be sponsored to plunge into the freezing water of the Hudson River to raise funds for programs that were recently cut from the Irvington Parks and Recreation’s budget.
This event is open to all in the community.
There will be emergency crews, ambulances and the Irvington Fire Department’s frigid water rescue team on-site during the event.
To find out how to take the plunge, visit www.irvingtonplunge.com.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Tarrytown, Sleepy HollowWill Have To Wait On 'Interview'