IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- The third annual Irvington Penguin Plunge will be held at Mathiessen Park Beach on Sunday, April 6, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Friends and neighbors will be sponsored to plunge into the freezing water of the Hudson River to raise funds for programs that were recently cut from the Irvington Parks and Recreation’s budget.
This event is open to all in the community.
There will be emergency crews, ambulances and the Irvington Fire Department’s frigid water rescue team on-site during the event.
To find out how to take the plunge, visit www.irvingtonplunge.com.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York