IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- The third annual Irvington Penguin Plunge will be held at Mathiessen Park Beach on Sunday, April 6, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Friends and neighbors will be sponsored to plunge into the freezing water of the Hudson River to raise funds for programs that were recently cut from the Irvington Parks and Recreation’s budget.
This event is open to all in the community.
There will be emergency crews, ambulances and the Irvington Fire Department’s frigid water rescue team on-site during the event.
To find out how to take the plunge, visit www.irvingtonplunge.com.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Tarrytown
- 3 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River
- 4 Accident Near Tappan Zee Bridge Slows Wednesday Commute
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Commute In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington