HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Fresh off of playing alongside The Lumineers and Delta Rae, Swear and Shake is returning to Westchester for a special performance Saturday, April 26 at The Purple Crayon in Hastings-on-Hudson.
The Brooklyn-based quartet began playing together when they were students at SUNY Purchase. Swear and Shake's first LP, "Maple Ridge," was released in 2012 and funded on Kickstarter two years after the band formed, according to a press release.
Frontwoman Kari Schulz says the group's songs are the result of the increased creativity and motivation the band members feel when writing and performing as a group, according to the release.
“[Before Swear and Shake] I wasn't happy with my songwriting and only wanted to sing other people's songs, which also didn't feel fulfilling," Schulz said. "We inspire and encourage each other. I had never played with other people before. Opening myself up to creating with another person made me a better musician.”
The music of Swear and Shake has drawn comparisons to artists such as Ray LaMontagne, Alison Krauss and Swell Season, according to the release.
Swear and Shake will perform at 8 p.m., Saturday, April 26, at the Purple Crayon at 52 Main St. in Hastings-on-Hudson. Tickets to the show are $16. For more information, residents are asked to visit the Purple Crayon website.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Irvington Declares State Of Emergency, Continuing Indefinitely