GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Westchester native Mark Zuckerberg has been ranked as the most generous American philanthropist in 2013, according to the Washington Post.
Zuckerberg, 29, was born in White Plains, raised in Dobbs Ferry and briefly attended Ardsley High School.
Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, donated 18 million shares of Facebook stock, valued at more than $970 million, to a Silicon Valley nonprofit in December, according to the report. The donation was the largest on public record in 2013 and ranked Zuckerberg on top of the 50 most generous Americans in 2013 in The Chronicle of Philanthropy, according to the report.
The top 50 contributors donations equaled $7.7 billion, plus pledges of $2.9 billion, in 2013, according to the report.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr No Longer At Phelps Hospital
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market Celebrates Grand Opening