TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, by Destination Hotels & Resorts, has announced the appointment of John Peper as its new executive chef.
Peper will oversee the entire culinary team and be in charge of menu creation for everything from conferences to weddings.
“We are pleased to welcome John as our new Executive Chef for Tarrytown House Estate," said Richard Porteus, director of operations. "With his extensive culinary background and fresh ideas, we know he will be a wonderful asset to our team. We feel confident that his broad background and expertise will make the experience for our guests that much more memorable.”
Prior to Tarrytown House Estate, Peper was the executive chef at World Yacht in New York City where he assisted the food and beverage director in overall responsibility for activities of cooks and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food. While at World Yacht, he also redeveloped banquet menus and buffet diagrams and composed seasonally-inspired à la carte menus. Prior to his work in New York City, Peper worked in Florida at Marco Island Marriott Resort as group leader and specialty restaurant chef.
Peper holds a bachelor of professional studies in culinary arts management from The Culinary Institute of America.
- 1 Sleepy Hollow Bar & Restaurant Fined For Several Liquor Violations
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 Irvington Realtors Featured On New York Television Show
- 5 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night