TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A Tarrytown pharmaceutical company is the best place to work, according to this year's Science employers survey.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals took the top spot in the annual survey after debuting on the list at No. 2 last year.
“We give our scientists much greater freedom to go where the science takes them to do innovative things; we’re not constantly hounding them about expenses and minor administrative details,” Ross Grossman, Regeneron’s vice president of human resources, told the scientific journal.
Science surveyed 4,276 people about pharmaceutical and biotech companies, rating the top 20 companies who were ranked by 30 or more survey respondents. The annual employers survey is used to identify top employers in the science industry and to determine which qualities are used by scientists to make this judgment, Science said on its website.
Regeneron was founded in 1988 in New York City and opened labs in Tarrytown in 1989. More than 1,800 people work at the company.
- 1 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Volunteers Save Cat At Scene Of Fire In Tarrytown
- 5 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M