SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Keith F. Safian, president and chief executive officer of Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, received the "Champion of Children" Award given by the Child Care Council of Westchester at their annual awards program recently.
The award was presented for Safian's support of The Robin's Nest, a child-care center on the Phelps campus, which provides services for the children of hospital staff as well as working parents in the community.
Established in 1988, Robin's Nest is licensed by the New York State Department of Social Services and maintains accreditation by the National Association of Education of Young Children, which promotes excellence in early education. A recent $1.4 million expansion allowed the center to offer nursery school and extended services for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
"The Robin's Nest was the first 'corporate' childcare center in Westchester, established to meet the childcare needs of Phelps nurses who couldn't return to work unless they had excellent child care," said Safian when he accepted the award.
"It is an honor to be recognized for the contribution that Robin's Nest makes to our community. Its expansion is important to Westchester as the county continues to grow and the need for quality child care increases."
For more information on Phelps, visit www.phelpshospital.org.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute