SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Employees of the Horseman Restaurant and Pizza are bracing for a horde of customers as they reopen their doors Wednesday morning.
The beloved Sleepy Hollow diner has been closed for the past six months because of a personal family issue with owner John Zoumboulis.
“It's crazy,” Manager Laura Smutek said.
Smutek and the rest of the diner worked Tuesday afternoon to get the place ready for the highly-anticipated return. Smutek said the diner's prominent location and longtime presence meant that everyone was excited about the reopening.
“It becomes a person's habit to stop here and get coffee,” she said. “We ruined a lot of people's lives by closing.”
The restaurant has an almost entirely-new staff, but residents can be assured that nothing on the menu has been changed, Smutek said. Pizza lovers should not worry either.
“The pizza guy's the same,” Smutek said.
The restaurant had planned to open sooner, but Smutek and her daughter Melissa, a co-manager, found they had to reorder all of the supplies and food after the hiatus. Smutek said the restaurant didn't want to open without its full menu.
Customers can find the full menu, including breakfast items, on the Horseman's Facebook page.
The Horseman Restaurant and Pizza, located at 276 N. Broadway in Sleepy Hollow, is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Sony Pulls Movie; Tarrytown, Sleepy HollowWill Have To Wait On 'Interview'
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester